Law Enforcement Disability Awareness Training
Tuesday, March 8, 2016
8:30AM - 4:30PM
Hilbert College, 5200 South Park Ave., Hamburg, NY 14075
The Niagara University First REsponders Disability Awareness Training program, in conjunction with the U.S. Attorney and FBI, is pleased to announce a Law Enforcement Disability Awareness Training. This course is designed specifically for police officers.
What Is First Responders Disability Awareness Training?
- Disabilites defined & appropriate response
- Role of caregivers and service providers
- Candid video instruction
- Federal/municipality roles & responsibilities
- Disability community perspective
- Challenging scenarios & behaviors
- Current trends and topics
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Etiquette and interaction skills
- Extensive amount of resources
David V. Whalen, NU FRDAT Project Director, NYS DCJS Special Topics Instructor
Captain Pat Mann, Buffalo Police Department
For more infromation, please contact:
Samantha Morga, Project Manager
Sponsored by the Peter & Elizabeth C. Tower Foundation
Additional support proved by the Erie County Law Enforcement Foundation, Inc.