Hilbert College, 5200 South Park Ave., Hamburg, NY 14075
The Niagara University First REsponders Disability Awareness Training program, in conjunction with the U.S. Attorney and FBI, is pleased to announce a Law Enforcement Disability Awareness Training. This course is designed specifically for police officers.
What Is First Responders Disability Awareness Training?
- Disabilites defined & appropriate response
- Role of caregivers and service providers
- Candid video instruction
- Federal/municipality roles & responsibilities
- Disability community perspective
- Challenging scenarios & behaviors
- Current trends and topics
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Etiquette and interaction skills
- Extensive amount of resources
David V. Whalen, NU FRDAT Project Director, NYS DCJS Special Topics Instructor
Captain Pat Mann, Buffalo Police Department
For more infromation, please contact:
Samantha Morga, Project Manager
Sponsored by the Peter & Elizabeth C. Tower Foundation
Additional support proved by the Erie County Law Enforcement Foundation, Inc.